Stock Ticker

Monday, January 19, 2009

New York Rep. Jose Serrano Pushes To Repeal 22nd Amendment

January 14, 2009 · No Comments
For those that do not know, the 22nd Amendment is the only amendment that establishes a term limit for a federal office and that office is the presidency. Congress passed the amendment after Franklin Roosevelt’s presidency to restrict future presidents from seeking a third term. The failed New Deal is what I believe is the main reason. Now New York Representative Jose Serrano is pushing to have that amendment repealed - and we all know why. Talk about jumping the gun. Perhaps Serrano should wait and see what kind of a first term Barack Obama gives us before he decides to make Obama Dictator-for-life. The bill that was introduced is HJ Res 5. It does not have a co-sponsor as of yet and let us hope it stays that way.
I do not support term limits. I believe it is the responsibility of the voters to either re-elect or reject representatives. But in the case of the presidency and the fraudulent voting system we have in place, I think the 22nd Amendment should stay right where it is.
On my predictions radio show a caller said he believed that Obama would be voted in for a second term as his prediction. I expressed my opinion that I believe Obama will have even more terms and that the Constitution would be changed to provide for that. One reason I think this is because Obama always projects the final results for all his programs to be 10 years out. Either he doesn’t want to be in office when they fail so he cannot be blamed or he is planning to be in office past that time. Rep. Jose Serrano obviously wants to help that to happen.

No comments: